SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
SUStainable development goals
- NO POVERTY
- NO HUNGER
- GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
- QUALITY EDUCATION
- GENDER EQUALITY
- CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
- AFFORDABLE AND CLEAN ENERGY
- GOOD JOBS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
- INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- REDUCED INEQUALITIES
- SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
- RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
- CLIMATE ACTION
- LIFE BELOW WATER
- LIFE ON LAND
- PEACE, JUSTICE AND STRONG INSTITUTIONS
- PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE GOALS
THE 17 GOALS
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Food security and sustainable agriculture (end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Good health and well-being (ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages)
- Quality education (ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all)
- Gender equality (achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls)
- Clean water and sanitation (ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all)
- Affordable and clean energy (ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all)
- Good jobs and economic growth (promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all)
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure (build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation)
- Reduced inequalities (reduce inequality within and among countries)
- Sustainable cities and communities (make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable)
- Responsible consumption and production (ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns)
- Climate action (take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts)
- Life below water (conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development)
- Life on land (protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss)
- Peace, justice and strong institutions (promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels)
- Partnerships for the goals (strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development)
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are universal and apply to all countries, from the industrialised countries of the northern hemisphere to the developing countries of the southern hemisphere. The goals cover all dimensions of sustainable development: economic growth, social inclusion and environmental protection.
The SDGs aim to eradicate poverty, address inequality, combat injustice and tackle climate change to build a better world for the 8.5 billion people who will inhabit the planet by 2030
BANK OF AFRICA intends to structurally link its SD & CSR strategy to the SDGs
BANK OF AFRICA must make them its own and incorporate them within its initiatives as a catalyst for social progress.
The Bank's undertakings in relation to Sustainable Development and CSR mirror the goals set by the United Nations. First, we mapped these links between the SDGs and the CSR undertakings and our activities.
Several of our activities have an impact in terms of a single goal while others are more cross-disciplinary, impacting several goals.
A good example of this is the various initiatives under BANK OF AFRICA Foundation’s Medersat.com programme. We believe that there is a link with Goal 1 ‘No poverty’, Goal 4 ‘Quality education’, Goal 5 ‘Gender equality’, Goal 8 ‘Good jobs and economic Growth’ and Goal 11 ‘Sustainable cities and communities’.
The work of mapping SDGs to our activities’ Sustainable Finance and CSR undertakings is carried out by strictly and sincerely adhering to the specifications of each goal, without distorting the inherent spirit of the SDGs.